Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's The Plan?

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:11)

This is a well-known verse that speaks to our hearts about our future and how we can rest assured that God is in control and cares for us and our future. We hear this verse quoted so many times during sermons, devotionals, etc. But as I read this, I think about all of my junior high students. They will understand the concept that there is a God who loves them and has a plan for them. But what they struggle with is understanding what that plan is! So how do we know?

The next verse opens a door of knowledge that will help us in the journey to seek direction for our lives. "In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." (Jer. 29:12-13) I believe that in order for us to really understand what God has for us, we need to know God! His voice, character, personality, etc. will be easily recognizable in our lives and in situations so that we can know what direction He is taking us in. We communicate with Him through prayer. He says that if we talk to Him, open our hearts (concerns, doubts, fears, joys) in an intimate, daily conversation that we will "find" Him and His will for us.

So how do we know God's plan for our lives? We must first seek him - with our whole heart! And He promises to listen and respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment