Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Greatest Expression of Love

Interesting thought I would like to present to you.  Jesus said that the greatest expression of love can be shown when you are willing to lay down your life for your friends.  Now, we can see a very clear example of this in Jonathan (King Saul's son) and David (giant killer).  Jonathan was heir to the throne and of high class and David was a common guy, son of a herdsman.  Logically, these two should not have been friends.  However, they were BFFs!  David became a threat to the throne and Saul wanted him dead.  Jonathan decided that the call on David's life was much more important than his future as king.  He was willing to give up his royal aspirations to see David's God-ordained destiny fulfilled.  That's true love! 

True love can be identified when a person is willing to surrender oneself.  I've never been in the position to sacrifice my life for someone else.  But what I've learned from this story of love is that we need to be willing to put our needs second and the needs of others around us first.  I know that's easier said than done.  However, we are called to be like Christ and show the love that Christ has for us to those around us.  Love God and love people. 


Just something I'm thinking on.  I'm going to preach this on Wednesday.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment