Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Heart Examination: Anger

In the past, I've let my anger control my actions.  Not a good idea!  I've had a tendency to say things or do things that does not produce good things for my life.  I guess that goes along with the theory "every action has an opposite or equal reaction".  I see it all the time.  I believe that when we let anger build up in our hearts, we give them enemy a win.  Does anger produce happiness?  When we deposit angry thoughts or desires in our hearts, it will come out in our actions and attitudes.  "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life" (Proverbs 4:23, NLT). 

It's very important that we constantly protect our hearts from the traps set by the enemy.  ". . .for anger gives a foothold to the devil" (Ephesians 4:27).  "Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool" (Eccl. 7:9).  "Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires" (James 1:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment